- A PC computer running modern Windows like - Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (32 or 64 bit versions).
- Memory/processor requirements as recommended for your operating system. OE Classic will use extra memory or faster processor to operate better.
- Enough disk space for storing messages depending on your needs. OE Classic will warn you if you approach low disk space.
- Internet Explorer 6 (or later) installed (does not have to be set as default browser), used for displaying text/HTML messages.
- Internet connection (when synchronizing messages, checking new version, etc.)
- If you use an antivirus or a firewall, it must allow OE Classic to connect to the Internet.
- Email server supporting POP3/SMTP, provided by your email provider
- Usenet news server (NNTP server), provided by your Usenet provider