The new OE Classic 3.1 update is released!
First off, an important change - make sure you activate the program from the Help/Activate...
menu. This only has to be done once. More details are available on our Facebook page.
Here are all the goodies we've prepared for you this time:
Full IncrediMail import - supports all known IncrediMail file formats - 1.0, 2.0 and 2.5!
Zoom setting added to the Message Editor (status bar). Allows you to make fonts larger without actually modifying the font point size in the outgoing email.
New 48x48 icon size for all toolbars.
User customizable folder icons (for user folders).
2-layered header decoder improves message display.
OE Classic automatically inserts a locked IMAP folder when a folder is missing from the server to preserve the folder structure.
Improved UIDL (server message) handling for POP accounts - resume from last aborted message, leave a copy on server for a user-defined time period.
Full list of features in OE Classic 3.1 follows:
- IMAP improvements for less capable servers which don't designate special folders (2 improvements)
- IMAP delete/move support for less capable servers
- Auto detection of IMAP server capabilities (MOVE extension)
- Automatically inserts locked IMAP folder when a folder is missing from the server
- Improved IMAP folder handling and increased compatibility with various servers which have misbehaved (3 fixes)
- Rewritten portions of IMAP code to improve reliability when reconnecting and selecting mailboxes
- Localized names for default IMAP folders (Inbox/Sent/Deleted/Drafts/Junk)
- Improved UIDL handling (POP accounts) - resume from last aborted message, leave a copy on server for a user-defined time period
- Added possibility to stop the process when deleting POP messages
- When adding a new POP account, new defaults are to leave a copy of messages on server and to remove them after 14 days
- IncrediMail import (1.0, 2.0 and 2.5 formats)
- Added "Save As" and "Save as Stationery" in the Message Editor (File menu)
- RE: and FW: prefixes are now also recognized and stripped for non-English languages (e.g. REF: TR: AW: WG: RIF: I: RES: ENC: etc.)
- 2-layered header decoder (decodes HTML entities after decoding a header line)
- Compact All - Changes page size to 4K for older databases which may still use 1K (it makes database operations faster)
- Modern folder selection dialog which also shows shared network locations/drives (Windows 7/8/10 only)
- Improved accessibility for all message dialogs and no sound for Information dialogs (Windows 7/8/10 only)
- Default button changed to "Yes" in "Empty Deleted Items folder" (right click)
- Popup menu for message editor (source) improved and localized
- Redo action and toolbar button available in the Message Editor
- Message Editor toolbar Undo/Redo/Cut/Copy/Paste/SelectAll are now enabled only if available (and not all the time)
- Improved accessibility for the message list, folder list and contact list
- Improved accessibility and localization for Send/Receive window
- Revised accelerator keys for Mark as read/unread
- Reset folder can also automatically repair folder corruption
- Accessibility improvement for message list - Unread/Flagged/Replied/Forwarded/Draft status are read
- Accessibility improvement for Main window and Message Viewer (excessive reading of panel names)
- Inserted Emoji pictures now have accessible name (image alt tag)
- Improved accessibility and localization for the Save Attachments window
- Improved error logging in the Send/Receive window
- Auto rearrange of attachment icons to fit available space, if Message Viewer or Message Editor are resized
- CTRL+V (Paste) in the Message Editor now also works for pictures on the clipboard
- Improved mouse selection and popup menu in Message Editor (enabling of Cut/Copy/Paste buttons)
- High DPI support for the Preview Pane, Message Viewer and Message Editor
- Zoom setting added to the Message Editor (status bar)
- File encoding selection added to Import Wizard for CSV files
- User customizable folder icons (for user folders)
- Added 48x48 size for all toolbar icons
- Free and Pro versions are now unified into one installation file (Pro version requires activation)
- Program and installer are digitally signed
- Fixed header decoding in a few rare cases
- Fixed antialiasing issues in the Message Editor toolbar
- Updated SSL/TLS libraries with the latest bug/security fixes (v1.0.2u)
- Replaced misbehaving SQLite julianday() with improved calculation
- Pressing Esc in the Message Editor To/Cc/Bcc fields could make the program unresponsive
- Installation size was missing from Apps & Features
- Spell checker Cancel button wasn't working when using the option "Always check spelling before sending"
- Message source wasn't shown properly if the message consisted only of headers
- Outgoing message details were shown in the wrong row in the Send/Receive window
- Tasks were accumulating in the Send/Receive window without being cleaned up (will result as a speedup and less memory usage)
- Spell checker was selecting some words incorrectly triggering a false spelling correction
- IMAP fixes for unrecognized message lists (6 fixes)
- Fix for Polish N acute accent not working on ALTGR + N (and other ALTGR shortcuts on various keyboard layouts)
- Fixed access violation error when closing the main program window with opened message editors or message viewers
- Fixed crash on some configurations when closing Message Editor
- Compatibility adjustments for Windows 2000
- Status bar high DPI sizing fixed in Message Editor and Message Viewer
- Various high DPI misbehavior fixes