We have great news for you!
OE Classic 2.5 adds support for the Message Rules feature!
And not just that - if you have used Outlook Express message rules you will quickly notice that you can do so much more with OE Classic rules. Yet, a great deal of effort has been put into making the user interface as easy and as intuitive as it can be.
Here is just a quick glance what you can do with message rules:
- Compare items by using simple or complex rule expressions
- Simple rules like Contains and Does not contain are provided but they are also extended with a few more - Starts with, Does not start with, Ends with, Does not end with, Is, Is not, Is blank, Is not blank
- Practically any email field can be matched for a specific condition
- Contains and Does not contain conditions can be used in combination with wildcards - asterisk (*) for a range of characters and question mark (?) for a single character. If you ever used wildcards you will immediately know how to use them. For example, you can search items like "John*" to locate "John Smith" or "John A. Smith" but this is just a brief example - you can do a whole lot more!
- You can also combine it with case sensitivity so "John" will not locate "john" and similar
- Lots of fields for searching are provided - From, Reply-To, To, Cc, Bcc, From/Reply-To/To/Cc/Bcc item count (number of emails in the list), Subject, Priority, Date, Message size and Account
- When matching numeric item conditions such as Date or Priority you can use extensive set of comparisons - for example, you can compare if date is between certain range (both interval and two interval ranges are supported), if it is older, newer, and you can search for absolute (specific date) or relative (age) date ranges.
Here is how the message rules look like
If Outlook Express would have the same user interface this is how it would compare
Numeric items can be matched for a single value or 2 types of ranges (inner and outer range)
Dates can be matched as age in days or fixed date, again as single value or ranges
OE Classic message rules are unique feature
and are unseen in any email program we have examined
and we did not just look Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail. But compared to Outlook Express, OE Classic rules are light years ahead - OE Classic is the only software which now offers this level of versatility and flexibility!
Additionally, our work on this feature is not done yet - we are preparing a few more conditions and a few more actions to be added to the message rule system very soon!
Except message rules, we also have a few additional useful features so here is the full list of changes in this release.
- Message Rules/Filters added with fast short-circuit evaluation
- Insert Text From File and Insert Attachment in message editor now remember last used folder
- Insert Text From File can also insert HTML files
- Reply, Reply All, Forward (main window) and Insert Text From File, Insert Signature (message editor) make web/email links clickable when quoting plain text email or when inserting plain text signature
- File progress bar and buffered copy in database upgrade, prevents program becoming unresponsive for large files