When OE Classic starts you will be presented with a welcome message in your Inbox.
Creating your account(s)
Before you can download emails, you need to create your accounts.
- Open main menu and select Tools » Accounts. This will open Accounts window. Click Add button to start the wizard for creating your email account.
- Select E-Mail Account icon and click Next button.
- Fill out the details including your name, email address and password for your email. Ensure you are connected to the Internet and click Next.
- If you are connected to the Internet, OE Classic will now automatically configure your server settings. The detection is based on your email address and works for many email providers. If your email address for example ends with @gmail.com it will automatically detect correct server names and fill out required edit boxes such as Incoming server name and Outgoing server name. The same will work for many other email addresses so Gmail is just an example here.
- However, if after clicking Next button the program didn't manage to configure your settings automatically you will have to do it manually. Your email provider (or Internet provider) can help you with server settings. You need to ask for POP3 and SMTP server names and settings and type them into appropriate boxes in OE Classic.
- When done, click Next again and you will complete the wizard. Click Finish and you are done with configuration of your first account so the wizard will then close.
Now, if you need to adjust account settings later you can do so by clicking Properties in the list of all accounts.
Continue adding accounts by repeating the above steps again, until you have all of them in the list.
Finally, when you are done click Close button to close Accounts window. At this point, you've completed the basic configuration of OE Classic.
Now you have a couple of options. You can receive messages by clicking Send and Receive button on the top toolbar. This operation will also send messages you have in your Outbox. To create a new message click Create Email.
If you want to reply to a message click Reply or Reply All.
Importing your old emails
You probably want to import your old emails as well. You can do that by starting import wizard.
This is just an introductory part of this help. There is much more in other topics - please consult other sections of this help for more useful information.