Main menu contains most of the program functions. Some functions are also available on context (popup) menus - when you click right mouse button over some control or item and on icon toolbars on top of many windows.
Note that some menu items may be disabled (grayed) depending if a particular function is unavailable at the time. For example, if there is no message selected Open and Reply options will be disabled.
- New » Mail Message - Opens a new email message window.
- New » Folder - Creates a new folder in the folder list.
- New » Contact - Opens a new contact window.
- New » New Group - Opens a new contact group window.
- Open - Opens currently selected message in a separate window.
- Save As - Saves currently selected single message in .eml format. Eml file is raw email message containing full message headers and body.
- Save Attachments - Saves attachments from currently selected message.
- Folder » New - Creates new user folder in the folder list.
- Folder » Rename - Renames currently selected folder.
- Folder » Delete - Deletes currently selected folder.
- Folder » Compact All - Permanently removes all deleted messages from folder and reclaims free space lost due to folder fragmentation.
- Import - Starts a wizard for importing messages/contacts/accounts/data from various formats and programs supported by the import wizard.
- Export - Starts a wizard for exporting messages/contacts/accounts/data to various formats supported by the export wizard.
- Print - Prints currently selected message.
- Manage Identities - Opens a window for creating, editing and switching identities.
- Properties - Multi-functional properties - Folders - shows folder properties and file location, Contacts - opens contact properties (for editing), Message list - shows message properties, headers and source.
- Exit - Saves program settings and closes program.
- Copy - Copies (single) selected message contents.
- Select All - Selects all messages in message list.
- Move to Folder - Moves selected messages from currently active folder to a folder selected from sub-menu. Some folders are reserved for the program and therefore unavailable.
- Copy to Folder - Copies selected messages from currently active folder to a folder selected from sub-menu. Some folders are reserved for the program and therefore unavailable.
- Delete - Multi-functional delete - Folders - deletes selected folder, Contacts - deletes selected contacts, Message list - moves selected messages to Deleted Items folder or deletes them permanently, Newsgroups - unsubscribes from newsgroup.
- Mark as Read - Marks selected messages as read.
- Mark as Unread - Marks selected messages as unread.
- Mark All as Read - Marks all messages as read.
- Current View » Show All Messages - Shows full message list in main window.
- Current View » Hide Read Messages - Hides read messages from the message list in main window. Note that if you leave this option checked, folders containing only read messages will appear empty (until you switch back to Show All Messages).
- Columns - Opens a message/contact list column editor depending on where you are positioned. Columns are clickable boxes above the message/contact list. If you are in the Inbox, then columns for Inbox will be edited, same applies to Outbox, Newsgroup and Address Book.
- Send and Receive » Send and Receive All - Receives all messages from all active accounts and sends all messages in Outbox folder.
- Send and Receive » Receive All - Only receives all messages from all active accounts without sending.
- Send and Receive » Send All - Only sends all messages in Outbox folder without receiving.
- Send and Receive » [Your Account List] - Only receives all messages from the account name listed here without sending (even if the account is not active).
- Address Book - Opens address book window.
- Add Sender to Address Book - Adds sender (From) name and email address from the currently selected message to the Address Book.
- Message Rules - Opens message rules (filters) editor window.
- Newsgroups - Opens window with selection of newsgroups servers and group subscriptions.
- Accounts - Opens accounts window for setting up Email/News accounts.
- Options - Opens program options window.
- New Message - Opens a new email message window.
- New Message Using » Select Stationery - Lets you select a stationery file (HTML template) to use in a new message. Stationery are pre-made HTML messages that can contain animations, images, backgrounds, music, sounds etc.
- Reply to Sender - Opens a new window with quoted reply to a sender of a selected message.
- Reply to All - Opens a new window with quoted reply to a sender of a selected message as well as all other receivers of this message in To and Cc fields.
- Forward - Opens a new window with quoted message, ready for forwarding to a list of receivers.
- Flag Message - Sets or removes flag icon from one or more selected messages in the message list.
- Watch Conversation - Sets or removes watch icon from one or more selected messages in the message list.
- Help - Activates this help.
- Contact - Opens a new window that lets you get in touch with the developers if you need user support. It also adds your basic system specifications so it can help us determine the cause of the problem. Even if your accounts are not correctly configured you can still use this form to send us a message.
- Check for Updates - Connects to OE Classic web site to check if there are available updates.
- About - Displays some basic information about the program.