OE Classic 1.22 released (new options available)
Apr 11th, 2012
Important note to existing users: Due to changes in configuration there won't be a default account set. So you must set it again as some functions require default account. To do this simply open main menu, select Tools / Accounts and click Set As Default once for any email account of your choice and once for any news account. This note doesn't affect new users that are installing OE Classic the first time.
As a token of gratitude for your continuous registrations of full version we decided to purchase a nice looking GUI control pack which we'll be using in this version and versions that will follow. Not only the user interface will now look better but will also be more functional and probably with less bugs as these new controls help a bit automating things we had to code manually before so the program development should also be faster.
Click image to zoom in
New options window with some of the new and better looking GUI controls, compatible with Windows 7 as well as older versions like Windows Vista or Windows XP.
- Some user interface controls updated to new, better looking ones (e.g. attachment icon, from/to/subject lines, options)
- Added options with these categories - Signatures, Newsgroups, Maintenance
- Signature editor, browser and options how to insert signature
- Newsgroups option - number of headers to get in one go. And you can set it to more reasonable (bigger) values than the maximum of only 1000 headers like in Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail.
- Option to empty deleted items on exit
- Option to delete only messages older than specified number of days
- Newsgroup message is struck out when clicked but unavailable on server
- Status bar now also counts unread messages for email and newsgroup folders
- Due to option changes you need to set default email and news account again
- Fixed some character display issues related to message subject display
- Fixed outbox message sending - inability to send more than one message at a time and sending messages using wrong account